Nakiri's are designed for slicing & dicing vegetables but the hardy steel we use makes this an all purpose favorite in the Heartwood Forge kitchen. The depth of the blade gives it a forward weighted balance and makes it exceptional for scooping diced veggies and smashing bulbs. The reclaimed Swedish Uddeholm carbon steel blade is tough even when ground very thin.
- All made-to-order knives have a current lead time of 22 months.
- Blade: Georgia-sourced, Swedish-manufactured, reclaimed carbon steel from retired lumber mill bandsaw; lab-tested to ensure strength
- Handle: stabilized, reclaimed lumber of maker’s choice
- Length: blade 6.5" / overall 11.25"
- handle examples (L-R): walnut with bluesmoke cherry bolster, walnut with copper bolster, walnut, walnut with brass bolster