Basic guidelines to get the most from your knife:
- No dishwasher. The extreme environment, detergent & potential for movement may cause damage to the blade & handle.
- Wash & dry by hand. Scrub gently using warm water, rinse and dry. Keeping your blade dry is important.
- Understanding acids. While cutting acidic foods, wipe your blade. Acids corrode metal and may dull your blade’s edge.
- Hone regularly. Develop the habit of making a few passes with a ceramic honing rod before each use of your knife.
- Sharpen as needed. We recommend professional sharpening and provide free maintenance when your knife is delivered to us.
- Use wooden cutting boards. Cutting atop hard surfaces will dull your blade quickly and promote slippage.
- Store your knife out of harm’s way. Never place loosely or unprotected in a drawer. We recommend magnetic or wooden block storage.